Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Know the Economy Is Bad, I Just Didn't Know It Is This Bad

Boy Wonder has been asking for money for his piggy bank. He got a new one for Christmas that counts and sorts the coins. It is pretty cool.

In the spirit of teaching Boy Wonder that there is no free lunch and you have to work to for things, we talked about the things he could do around the house to earn money. We explained to him that if he helps empty the trash cans we would give him money.

So tonight with wide eyed excitement he set off to earn a living. He took the can from each room, emptied it, then put them back. When all the cans were emptied it was time to settle up.

We went to his room and I began to pull out a few coins when he announced that I owed him $600. I knew inflation was on the up swing, but I had no idea it was that bad....

No comments: